Why a Hotspot display is a good idea!

So I'm on the campsite and I've discovered why a display on your hotspot is useful. I turned on tethering on my phone but couldn't discover what IP address my hotspot had been given. I have a laptop with me but using nmap returns incorrect results. It claims there is a host active on each 192.168.43/24 ip address with port 80 open. So what to do? Using 'arp -a' I managed to discover the active MAC to IP addresses.

rob@ThinkPad-X230:~$ arp -a
? (192.168.8.100) at 74:da:38:88:5a:09 [ether] on wlp3s0
www.huaweimobilewifi.com (192.168.8.1) at f0:0f:ec:95:e2:90 [ether] on wlp3s0


I was subsequently able to browse to my hotspot and all was well. The world is once again my oyster!

Comments

  1. Glad I could help. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Costa Brava 6M fun!

WIFI connections for Pi-Star on the raspberry pi

Dual antenna hotspots