Dual antenna hotspots

I've got two MMDVM hotspots with me here in the Spanish Pyrenees. One is a Jumbospot on a Pi Zero W and the other is a dual antenna hotspot on a Raspberry Pi B. When on the dual antenna hotspot I noticed that at the end of a QSO I could hear the last two seconds of my own voice when I de-keyed. I suspect, but haven't measured, that a dual antenna hotspot in duplex mode uses twice as much data to send an receive the QSO. So on holiday a simplex hotspot will use half the data during a QSO when compared to a dual antenna hotspot. I suspect the test will be to see what happens when only TG9 is running with no Internet connection. If I hear my own voice then the hotspot re-transmits the received signal rather than the stream if receives from the network the Brandmeister/Fusion server. Testing this is left as an exercise for the reader, I'm on holiday! ;-)

Comments

  1. Yaesu FT-70DR using Pi-Star 3.4.15 with Jumbospot. With a BER of 3.5%, works perfect for whatever YSF Startup selection I chose. I can change it to another startup selection, save and works great. Other DMR or DSTAR users say I have excellent audio. However, if I go into WiresX mode, on the E***** prompt, I can can enter a node successfully and when I key up and throw my call sign out, no one can hear me. My call sign DOES show up on the Pistar Dashboard and there are people calling me but no one can hear my audio. Have tried this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I've not experienced your problem but I don't use the hotspot in WiresX mode (yet!). I connect by selecting my desired room through the pi-star interface. Have you tried that option? When I get a moment I'll try to reproduce your problem and post back here. 73 G7GGW

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Costa Brava 6M fun!

WIFI connections for Pi-Star on the raspberry pi